20 Tonne 4WD All Terrain Franna Crane: Features that Make it Stand Out20 September 2019
It’s true, an article about 20 Tonne All-Terrain Franna Cranes already graces our pages. It makes mention of the hire vehicles’ pick-and-carry capabilities, plus its lifting strengths. Of equal relevance, this 2.5-metre wide crane is extraordinarily maneuverable. Anyway, since that article was full of honorifics, and deservedly so, perhaps it’s time we added some substance to that acclaim-heavy text in the form of a host of stand-out features.
Rough Ground Maneuverability
With a 205 kW turbo-charged Mercedes engine acting as the all-terrain crane’s power plant, a 6-speed automatic transmission drives a pair of heavy-duty planetary axles forward. Working independently, the 20 Tonne Franna Crane driver selects the optimal four-wheel-drive differential lock setting so that the vehicle chassis can glide over rough ground on its ruggedized wheels. In other words, this pick-and-carry heavy lifter is as easy to drive offroad as it is on the highway. Incidentally, it can reach 85 kph on an open road, so quick site dispatches can be expected.
Boom Geometry and Load Capabilities
Like the label says, this 10-metre long hire crane is capable of hoisting a 20-tonne payload. From side-on, the loaded winch hook can rise 17-metres high. That’s a good feature for extended lifts. Bridge maintenance, structural steel lifts and AC unit lofting, all of these applications and more have much to gain when a 20 Tonne 4WD All-Terrain Franna crane is on-site. Still looking at the boom and jib, the winch hook and block will also make slewing motions to either side of the crane’s centre. A 40° maximum slew in either direction provides additional load placement versatility. Stuck in a confined space, this feature allows a crane operator to move a carried load left or right while the vehicle chassis stays at rest.
Loaded With Feature-Rich Extras
The lift-essential characteristics of our 20T Franna Crane aren’t complete yet; there’s still the winch to check out. That cable winding mechanism is a 2-speed drum. With the low-speed mode active, a 41 metre per minute cable velocity is engaged. Switching to the higher speed setting, the drum spins at 82 metres per minute. Working in tandem with the in-built hydraulic system, what we once colourfully called “The Sharp Crane Hire Ambassador” delivers 250 Bars of maximum operating pressure, as provided by a state-of-the-art axial load sensing piston.
Heavy-duty bias ply tyres provide the all-terrain traction here. They’re mounted on rugged spigot-mount rims, which rely on air operated and exhaust-boosted brakes for stopping power. At rest, ready to power lift a maximum of 20 tonnes, wedge-style parking brakes anchor this reliable Franna. Undeniably terrain adept, this heavy lifter can speed out from its rental parking spot and be onsite, ready to work, in no time at all.
Optimized by Netwizard SEO
- Structural Steel Fabrication: The Versatility of Plate Rolling Equipment
- All-Terrain Slewing Mobile Cranes: Applications in Construction
- On-Site Welding by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire: Our Role in Structural Steel Fabrication
- Crawler Cranes: How They Continuously Operate in Extreme Conditions
- Structural Steel Fabrication by Sharp Welding for Successful Construction Projects
- All-Terrain Franna Cranes for Hire: Simplify Complex Lifts
- Structural Steel Fabrication in Construction: Key Elements
- Powerful Equipment at Your Service: Crane Borers for Hire in Melbourne
- Structural Steel Fabrication: Welding Techniques to Ensure Precision and Strength
- Customised Structural Steel Erection Services from Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Professional Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection Services by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Mobile Crane Hire: The Reaching Capacity of a Mobile Crane
- Cranes for Hire: Type of Projects that RequireAll-Terrain Cranes
- Steel Fabrication Services: Performing Guillotining and Metal Forming
- Crane Hire Services: Crane Trucks Explained
- Crane Hire Services: How Crawler Cranes Effectively Addresses Lifting Demands
- Structural Steel Fabricators and Their Role in the Construction Industry
- Industries That Require Steel Fabrication Services
- The Importance Of Riggers And Rigging In Crane Hire Operations
- Crane Operators, Dogmen, and Riggers: Who are They?
- Steel Care: Post-Construction Structural Steel Maintenance Service
- Welding Safety Considerations That Should Regularly Be Checked
- Experts Talk: All About Our Highly-Skilled Boilermakers & Welders
- Welding Fabrication Techniques from Sharp Crane Hire