Basic Overview of a Radial Drilling Machine15 February 2021
When it comes to manufacturing processes, different industries have been utilising a wide array of drilling machines to get things done. Drilling machines are primarily designed to drill holes that have different sizes and depth on the surfaces of objects. These special machines can be used for tapping, reaming, spot facing, countersinking, counterboring, and many more.
One type of drilling machine that is often used by industries is the radial drilling machine. Radial drilling machines are mainly used in several manufacturing processes in the construction industry since they can readily fulfil specific requirements of various engineering functions.
The key to understanding the working principles of a radial drilling machine is to know its primary parts.
A radial drilling machine is comprised of a drilling head that is designed to slide along the radial arm. The radial arm is then positioned alongside the column so that the latter can support the radial arm’s movement. The same radial arm can be raised, lowered, or rotated, allowing necessary adjustments for the positioning of the drill above the workpiece.
A drill bit, which is a type of cutting tool, is fitted to the radial drilling machine to perform certain functions. The drill bit is composed of a large gear head that can move along the radial arm. As the radial arm swings and moves, the drill bit can effectively drill holes at numerous points on the workpiece. The workpiece throughout the entire process does not move as it is placed firmly at the base of the machine.
Numerous materials can be processed by radial drilling machines. Some of these materials include cast iron, steel, and plastic. They are also capable of performing various functions such as drilling, boring, tapping, reaming, lapping, screwing, counterboring, and spot facing.
Radial drilling machines have been known for their precision thanks to the positioning and functionality of their components. Their components are designed to ensure the smooth movement of the column as well as prevent any angular movement of the spindle axis. These machines can likewise hold a drill of a specific diameter, which can revolve at a particular rpm and perform necessary drilling operations.
Aside from their precision, radial drilling machines are also known for their versatility. As previously mentioned, they can carry out various functions that are truly helpful for many industries. The versatility of these machines also extends to the sizes of the holes that they can work as they can perform necessary actions with holes that are 30 to 100 mm in size.
Other primary benefits of radial drilling machines include their ability to work with large-sized workpieces and their ability to be used and operated quickly. They are likewise durable, cost-effective, precise, accurate, and highly adjustable.
To acquire radial drilling services, feel free to contact us at Sharp Welding and Crane Hire Services. We have been in business since 1980, and we understand how to provide top-quality welding, structural steel fabrication, maintenance, erection and ‘crane hire’ services to a wide assortment of clients.
Optimized by Netwizard SEO
- On-Site Welding by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire: Our Role in Structural Steel Fabrication
- Crawler Cranes: How They Continuously Operate in Extreme Conditions
- Structural Steel Fabrication by Sharp Welding for Successful Construction Projects
- All-Terrain Franna Cranes for Hire: Simplify Complex Lifts
- Structural Steel Fabrication in Construction: Key Elements
- Powerful Equipment at Your Service: Crane Borers for Hire in Melbourne
- Structural Steel Fabrication: Welding Techniques to Ensure Precision and Strength
- Customised Structural Steel Erection Services from Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Professional Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection Services by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Mobile Crane Hire: The Reaching Capacity of a Mobile Crane
- Cranes for Hire: Type of Projects that RequireAll-Terrain Cranes
- Steel Fabrication Services: Performing Guillotining and Metal Forming
- Crane Hire Services: Crane Trucks Explained
- Crane Hire Services: How Crawler Cranes Effectively Addresses Lifting Demands
- Structural Steel Fabricators and Their Role in the Construction Industry
- Industries That Require Steel Fabrication Services
- The Importance Of Riggers And Rigging In Crane Hire Operations
- Crane Operators, Dogmen, and Riggers: Who are They?
- Steel Care: Post-Construction Structural Steel Maintenance Service
- Welding Safety Considerations That Should Regularly Be Checked
- Experts Talk: All About Our Highly-Skilled Boilermakers & Welders
- Welding Fabrication Techniques from Sharp Crane Hire
- All About Mobile Cranes and Fixed Cranes
- How Structural Steels are Fabricated for Construction Projects