How to Become a Licenced Crane Operator in Melbourne13 October 2020
Crane operations will always be risky and dangerous, which is why authorities require those who want to operate cranes to possess all the needed requirements and pass certain special assessments or exams. But once the needed license is acquired, it can effectively bump up the credibility of a crane operator.
If you want to become a licensed crane operator here in Melbourne, then you might want to know some important information first. Some of the information that you must know would mostly revolve around the responsibilities of a crane operator and the requirements needed to become a licensed and qualified crane operator.
Responsibilities of a Crane Operator
Knowing the responsibilities of a crane operator is important before getting all your needed requirements to be licensed. The following are some of the tasks and duties that a crane operator would have to do.
- Carry out vital inspections and maintenance on crane equipment and components
- Check the condition of the ground and the surroundings where the crane will be set up
- Move the crane and strategically position its hook to make load attachment easier
- Install timber blocks or steel plates under the outrigger pads of the crane
- Position the crane with the same level on the outriggers before lifting or placing a load
- Follow and obey the signals given by the team on the ground for safe crane operations
Aside from these tasks and duties, licenced crane operators can also perform activities even if they are not operating the cranes themselves. They may be a part of a team that checks and maintains the cranes. They may likewise test the operation of the cranes, control load movement, and many more.
Becoming a Licenced Crane Operator
There are numerous personal requirements that you need to do fulfill before becoming a licenced crane operator. For one, you must be at least 18 years of age when you apply for the licence. Additionally, you must have the ability to concentrate for long periods, see things clearly at various distances, work comfortably at heights, follow verbal and visual instructions very carefully, and work as part of a team. Without these basic requirements, it would be difficult for you to operate the cranes at the actual site.
But if you have these personal requirements, then you can now proceed to the actual steps of becoming a licenced crane operator. One of the things that you should do to acquire the needed licence is to complete a crane operator training course from a registered organisation. You must also need to obtain a high-risk work license, accreditation for working at heights, accreditation for intermediate rigging, and a dogging licence from Safe Work Australia. To enable entry to different construction sites in Australia, you must likewise obtain a White Card through registered training organisations.
Working under the supervision of a licensed operator is also a must before acquiring the needed licences as it already serves as the actual training and experience towards operating different types of cranes under various working conditions.
Optimized by Netwizard SEO
- On-Site Welding by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire: Our Role in Structural Steel Fabrication
- Crawler Cranes: How They Continuously Operate in Extreme Conditions
- Structural Steel Fabrication by Sharp Welding for Successful Construction Projects
- All-Terrain Franna Cranes for Hire: Simplify Complex Lifts
- Structural Steel Fabrication in Construction: Key Elements
- Powerful Equipment at Your Service: Crane Borers for Hire in Melbourne
- Structural Steel Fabrication: Welding Techniques to Ensure Precision and Strength
- Customised Structural Steel Erection Services from Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Professional Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection Services by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Mobile Crane Hire: The Reaching Capacity of a Mobile Crane
- Cranes for Hire: Type of Projects that RequireAll-Terrain Cranes
- Steel Fabrication Services: Performing Guillotining and Metal Forming
- Crane Hire Services: Crane Trucks Explained
- Crane Hire Services: How Crawler Cranes Effectively Addresses Lifting Demands
- Structural Steel Fabricators and Their Role in the Construction Industry
- Industries That Require Steel Fabrication Services
- The Importance Of Riggers And Rigging In Crane Hire Operations
- Crane Operators, Dogmen, and Riggers: Who are They?
- Steel Care: Post-Construction Structural Steel Maintenance Service
- Welding Safety Considerations That Should Regularly Be Checked
- Experts Talk: All About Our Highly-Skilled Boilermakers & Welders
- Welding Fabrication Techniques from Sharp Crane Hire
- All About Mobile Cranes and Fixed Cranes
- How Structural Steels are Fabricated for Construction Projects