Knowing the Pros and Cons of Crawler Cranes30 November 2020
Construction, manufacturing, transport, and other industries deal with the movement of heavy material every day. Hence, they utilise special equipment just to cater to their needs. One of the equipment that they use for performing the mentioned function is crawler cranes.
Crawlers cranes are comprised of basic components that can help lift and move heavy objects and materials around the site. The crane mechanisms of crawler cranes are attached to a tracked vehicle, allowing them to move and transfer to one place another easily. The presence of treads on crawler cranes allows them to work on almost all types of ground and work conditions.
But just like other cranes, crawler cranes have a set of features and limitations that must be considered before acquiring or hiring them. To help you out, here are some pros and cons of these cranes.
Pros of Using Crawler Cranes
- Adaptability: One advantage of using crawler cranes is that they can work in any given ground and work conditions. Due to their treads or crawlers, they can easily move and travel from one place to another. Even with rough and challenging terrain, these crawler cranes can still move freely and perform their functions as intended. They can also work under different weather conditions, as long as they are operated by professionals.
- Space Requirement: Aside from having the ability to work under difficult terrain and weather conditions, crawler cranes can also work in some of the most complicated areas and spaces for projects. These cranes are designed to fit in any work area, regardless of its available space and area. You can expect these crawler cranes to work optimally without damaging the surroundings or harming other people.
- Lift Capacity: Another benefit of using crawler cranes is that they can handle the lifting of materials without experiencing any difficulty. Most crawler cranes can lift materials that weigh around 3,500 short tonnes, which is already enough for industries that need to carry the heavy load around the site.
- Safe Operations: With regards to safety, crawler cranes are deemed to possess health and safety features that can easily prevent property damages, accidents, and injuries. Most crawler cranes have turnover protection, safety overload alarm, and advanced computer safety aids that enable them to conduct crane operations optimally.
- Huge Savings: One thing that makes crawler cranes great for industries, especially if they will be hired, is that they can save a lot of time and money. Expenses for maintenance and operations for the crawler cranes can cost less rather than buying them.
Cons of Using Crawler Cranes
- Crane Buckling: While crawler cranes have counterweight and out-rigging systems to counterbalance the weight of the lifted products, they can still tip over in some instances. Improper employee training and improper crane assembly can both allow the collapse of the cranes. Once these cranes collapsed, they would require more expenses for needed repairs.
- Transportation Costs: Another disadvantage of using crawler cranes is that they can add some expenses for transportation. They may move efficiently around rough terrain, but they must still be transported with the assistance of trucks when moving towards far places.
Crawlers cranes can be beneficial for your project given the mentioned advantages above. To gain access to these cranes, you can contact us at Sharp Welding and Crane Hire.
Optimized by Netwizard SEO
- On-Site Welding by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire: Our Role in Structural Steel Fabrication
- Crawler Cranes: How They Continuously Operate in Extreme Conditions
- Structural Steel Fabrication by Sharp Welding for Successful Construction Projects
- All-Terrain Franna Cranes for Hire: Simplify Complex Lifts
- Structural Steel Fabrication in Construction: Key Elements
- Powerful Equipment at Your Service: Crane Borers for Hire in Melbourne
- Structural Steel Fabrication: Welding Techniques to Ensure Precision and Strength
- Customised Structural Steel Erection Services from Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Professional Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection Services by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Mobile Crane Hire: The Reaching Capacity of a Mobile Crane
- Cranes for Hire: Type of Projects that RequireAll-Terrain Cranes
- Steel Fabrication Services: Performing Guillotining and Metal Forming
- Crane Hire Services: Crane Trucks Explained
- Crane Hire Services: How Crawler Cranes Effectively Addresses Lifting Demands
- Structural Steel Fabricators and Their Role in the Construction Industry
- Industries That Require Steel Fabrication Services
- The Importance Of Riggers And Rigging In Crane Hire Operations
- Crane Operators, Dogmen, and Riggers: Who are They?
- Steel Care: Post-Construction Structural Steel Maintenance Service
- Welding Safety Considerations That Should Regularly Be Checked
- Experts Talk: All About Our Highly-Skilled Boilermakers & Welders
- Welding Fabrication Techniques from Sharp Crane Hire
- All About Mobile Cranes and Fixed Cranes
- How Structural Steels are Fabricated for Construction Projects