Main Functions and Uses of Crane Borers25 July 2018
Most cranes are designed to lift loads to great heights. Crane borers turn conventional load transportation approaches on their head. Instead of hoisting items, they turn their working parts toward the ground. Crane borers carve holes into the ground. Equipped with a massive helical bit, an equipment operator can bore holes of varying diameters and depths. Here’s the mobile auger now, preparing to drill the ground for some streetlights.
The Main Functions of Mobile Augers
Crane borers don’t carry heavy loads up to elevated work areas. Instead of squinting at a higher floor or a platform for newly arrived building materials, the crane operator is eyeing the ground. Built to work as a large-scale tool, one that cuts into the ground, what jobs could possibly benefit from such a service?
- Pole digging
- Deep foundation work
- Plant holes (tree planting, etc)
- Taking geological samples
- Well drilling
Construction sites and street modification projects require the services of mobile augers. If there’s new street lighting going in, then there’s going to be a crane borer nearby. It’ll roll up, extend its tall helical drill bit, and drill the pole holes. Elsewhere, another crane is getting to work on the deep foundations that are needed to properly support a tall structure. Concrete piles are lowered after the augering process is done.
Nature’s Drilling Service
Cranes aren’t just built to solve large-scale lifting and transportation problems, although they’re obviously well-suited for those duties. Out in a field, a crane borer is drilling the hole for a well, which fills with precious water after the crane has pulled its screw-like tool out of the vertically inclined shaft. A tree nursery is next. The arriving auger bores the root chambers, the hole walls accept the trees, and the arboreal load springs free of the equipment with self-supporting strength. Supremely adaptable, crane borers are essentially built to straddle several work areas, so they’re in no way restricted to building sites.
On a Monday, a crane borer is digging holes for fence posts and street lighting. By Tuesday, it’s dispatched to a busy building site to carve out the deep foundations of a new apartment complex, one that’s set to rise a dozen floors or more in the next few weeks. For the rest of the week, the equipment is heading out of town. It’s digging wells and irrigation systems, then it’s heading down a small country road to help a landscaping business dig small-diameter tree holes. Without a doubt, the main functions of crane borers are practically unlimited.
Optimized by Netwizard SEO
- Structural Steel Fabrication: The Versatility of Plate Rolling Equipment
- All-Terrain Slewing Mobile Cranes: Applications in Construction
- On-Site Welding by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire: Our Role in Structural Steel Fabrication
- Crawler Cranes: How They Continuously Operate in Extreme Conditions
- Structural Steel Fabrication by Sharp Welding for Successful Construction Projects
- All-Terrain Franna Cranes for Hire: Simplify Complex Lifts
- Structural Steel Fabrication in Construction: Key Elements
- Powerful Equipment at Your Service: Crane Borers for Hire in Melbourne
- Structural Steel Fabrication: Welding Techniques to Ensure Precision and Strength
- Customised Structural Steel Erection Services from Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Professional Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection Services by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Mobile Crane Hire: The Reaching Capacity of a Mobile Crane
- Cranes for Hire: Type of Projects that RequireAll-Terrain Cranes
- Steel Fabrication Services: Performing Guillotining and Metal Forming
- Crane Hire Services: Crane Trucks Explained
- Crane Hire Services: How Crawler Cranes Effectively Addresses Lifting Demands
- Structural Steel Fabricators and Their Role in the Construction Industry
- Industries That Require Steel Fabrication Services
- The Importance Of Riggers And Rigging In Crane Hire Operations
- Crane Operators, Dogmen, and Riggers: Who are They?
- Steel Care: Post-Construction Structural Steel Maintenance Service
- Welding Safety Considerations That Should Regularly Be Checked
- Experts Talk: All About Our Highly-Skilled Boilermakers & Welders
- Welding Fabrication Techniques from Sharp Crane Hire