Maintain Safe Crane Operations with Professional Riggers11 October 2021
The construction industry carries out a lot of processes to complete a wide array of projects. One of the processes that the industry has to perform is to lift materials from one place to another.
And with this specific process, contractors have to maximise cranes. Cranes are typically comprised of a hook, a hoist, a boom, a jib, counterweights, and outriggers to perform the load-lifting operations. As long as they are controlled by professional crane operators, they can conveniently and safely transport many objects at elevated areas and lower them whenever necessary.
While crane operators can already control cranes’ movement, they must still work with other professionals. One more professional that must be present during crane operations is the rigger.
The Main Responsibilities of Riggers
Crane riggers are professionals who have all the needed knowledge in rigging the load properly. With their years of training and experience, they can easily attach the appropriate cables and ropes to the loads that are meant to be lifted or hoisted. They likewise know what hitches to tie as well as their lift capacity. They even understand how the centre of gravity works and utilise it during the rigging process.
Aside from these actions, crane riggers can also recognise any hazards that may be present around the site. They can likewise communicate with other people on-site during the lifting process to ensure everyone’s safety as well as pick, clean, and store rigging equipment accordingly.
With their expertise on these things, they can ensure the safe operations of the crane since they stabilise the loads with the necessary rigging equipment and inspect them thoroughly.
Safe Rigging Operations is Essential
So, what makes rigging important in crane operations?
You see, rigging is a basic process in crane operations that guarantees the safety of the load while it is being moved or detached. The knowledge of riggers in carrying this specific process makes it great for crane operations since the loads are expected to be at high altitudes.
Without safe rigging from riggers, the loads may not be secured to the rigging equipment. The loads may also be detached prematurely in the air, causing structural damages and serious injuries on site. The use of incompatible rigging equipment can likewise generate damages not only to the loads but also to the cranes. Once these things occur, contractors and project managers may be bombarded by unnecessary expenses as well as work-related violations from authorities.
Great Ways to Maintain Safe Rigging
Despite the expertise provided by the crane riggers, essential things must still be done to keep the worksite safe during the rigging process.
One of the things that workers on-site should do is train them in proper ways of dealing with the rigging process. They must likewise always wear personal protective equipment so they can be protected if ever some objects suddenly fall. Other necessary things to do to maintain the general safety of the site include regular inspections of the cranes and the rigging equipment and conducting risk assessments.
To know more about riggers, feel free to give us a call at Sharp Welding and Crane Hire.
Optimized by Netwizard SEO
- On-Site Welding by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire: Our Role in Structural Steel Fabrication
- Crawler Cranes: How They Continuously Operate in Extreme Conditions
- Structural Steel Fabrication by Sharp Welding for Successful Construction Projects
- All-Terrain Franna Cranes for Hire: Simplify Complex Lifts
- Structural Steel Fabrication in Construction: Key Elements
- Powerful Equipment at Your Service: Crane Borers for Hire in Melbourne
- Structural Steel Fabrication: Welding Techniques to Ensure Precision and Strength
- Customised Structural Steel Erection Services from Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Professional Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection Services by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Mobile Crane Hire: The Reaching Capacity of a Mobile Crane
- Cranes for Hire: Type of Projects that RequireAll-Terrain Cranes
- Steel Fabrication Services: Performing Guillotining and Metal Forming
- Crane Hire Services: Crane Trucks Explained
- Crane Hire Services: How Crawler Cranes Effectively Addresses Lifting Demands
- Structural Steel Fabricators and Their Role in the Construction Industry
- Industries That Require Steel Fabrication Services
- The Importance Of Riggers And Rigging In Crane Hire Operations
- Crane Operators, Dogmen, and Riggers: Who are They?
- Steel Care: Post-Construction Structural Steel Maintenance Service
- Welding Safety Considerations That Should Regularly Be Checked
- Experts Talk: All About Our Highly-Skilled Boilermakers & Welders
- Welding Fabrication Techniques from Sharp Crane Hire
- All About Mobile Cranes and Fixed Cranes
- How Structural Steels are Fabricated for Construction Projects