MIG Welding Services in Geelong, Melbourne: Process and Applications07 December 2020
One process that is being utilised in joining two or more parts together is welding. Welding is a fabrication process that can effectively bind metals or thermoplastics together by melting their parts under high heat and subsequently leave them to cool and finally fuse together.
Fabrication companies can maximise different types of welding. The most common classifications of welding types are gas metal arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding, shielded metal arc welding, and flux-cored arc welding. Among these groups, the first one is known to be one of the easiest welding techniques, making them popular among fabricators and industries.
Basic MIG Welding Processes
The gas metal arc welding, which is also known as metal inert gas (MIG) welding, is a type of welding process that maximises a thin wire to serve as the electrode. This specific wire can heat up as it is being placed on the welding instrument and into the workpiece. The wire electrode is fed and situated into the welding machine to carry out the welding process.
As the welding machine operates, an arc will form and is normally struck between the wire and the workpiece, allowing them to melt and consequently form a weld pool. The wire, at this point, now acts as the main heat source of the welding as well as the filler metal for the welding joint. And to effectively protect the weld pool, the nozzle that surrounds the wire will release some shielding gas, which normally comes in carbon dioxide, argon, oxygen, or helium.
The welder typically moves the welding torch across the joint line. The wire feed rate and the arc length of this process are controlled by their power source, while the travel speed and wire position are controlled manually. The processes of MIG welding can be mechanised, especially if the parameters are not controlled by the welder. During the welding action, however, manual adjustments might still be required.
Applications of MIG Welding
What is great about MIG welding is that it can easily be applied and used to almost all types of metal. Additionally, this process is known to be cost-efficient and one of the fastest welding processes that can be used in connecting two or more parts together. MIG welding is also great in terms of deposition rates, flexibility, and suitability for mechanisation processes.
Given their features, MIG welding is maximised by different industries in welding different types of metals such as stainless steel, carbon steel, and aluminium. Some industries that enjoy the benefits and features of MIG welding include the automotive industry, metal fabrication industry, and construction industry.
Getting MIG Welding Services
If you want to get MIG welding services here in Geelong, Melbourne, then you can work with us at Sharp Welding and Crane Hire. We have been in business since 1980 for the purpose of providing high-quality welding along with structural steel fabrication, erection, and maintenance services for a variety of clients. With two fully equipped vehicles, we can fulfil any type of on-site welding need that you may have in a timely, effective fashion. On top of this, we provide more welding services in our fully equipped workshop.
Optimized by Netwizard SEO
- Structural Steel Fabrication: The Versatility of Plate Rolling Equipment
- All-Terrain Slewing Mobile Cranes: Applications in Construction
- On-Site Welding by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire: Our Role in Structural Steel Fabrication
- Crawler Cranes: How They Continuously Operate in Extreme Conditions
- Structural Steel Fabrication by Sharp Welding for Successful Construction Projects
- All-Terrain Franna Cranes for Hire: Simplify Complex Lifts
- Structural Steel Fabrication in Construction: Key Elements
- Powerful Equipment at Your Service: Crane Borers for Hire in Melbourne
- Structural Steel Fabrication: Welding Techniques to Ensure Precision and Strength
- Customised Structural Steel Erection Services from Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Professional Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection Services by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Mobile Crane Hire: The Reaching Capacity of a Mobile Crane
- Cranes for Hire: Type of Projects that RequireAll-Terrain Cranes
- Steel Fabrication Services: Performing Guillotining and Metal Forming
- Crane Hire Services: Crane Trucks Explained
- Crane Hire Services: How Crawler Cranes Effectively Addresses Lifting Demands
- Structural Steel Fabricators and Their Role in the Construction Industry
- Industries That Require Steel Fabrication Services
- The Importance Of Riggers And Rigging In Crane Hire Operations
- Crane Operators, Dogmen, and Riggers: Who are They?
- Steel Care: Post-Construction Structural Steel Maintenance Service
- Welding Safety Considerations That Should Regularly Be Checked
- Experts Talk: All About Our Highly-Skilled Boilermakers & Welders
- Welding Fabrication Techniques from Sharp Crane Hire