Significance of Crane Borers in the Power Distribution Industry14 September 2018
Crane borers are designed to drill narrow ground openings. They’re typically seen at the edge of a highway or street corner, with their helical booms boring holes for lamp posts or power distribution poles. The crane operator running this equipment reports back to a foreman, who communicates with the regional utility company. Happily, the electrical contractors leave the work to the crane hire experts.
Clear-cut Subcontractor Significance
And it is clear-cut, the role of the responsible party. Granted, if this were an underground cable run, then a trenching service or specially qualified electrical contractor would be digging ditches, probably with a powerful excavator. The team would know the soil conditions, have the layers of backfill arranged just-so, and the job would proceed as fast as the excavator operator allowed. With overhead lines, the electricians and excavator operators step back. They make room for the arrival of a crane borer, a piece of heavy equipment that’s intended to quickly and safely provide the narrow diameter ground shafts required to send a power distribution line marching towards the far horizon.
Dealing with Unpredictability Factors
There’s a storm coming. Dug by hand or by an excavator, a power distribution pole is uprooted because the original borehole was cut crudely into the ground. Who knows what’s at the other end of the power line? It could be a hospital, a large industrial complex, a technology centre, homes, or a combination of all of these infrastructural elements. If power poles are uprooted, cables come down, the power goes out, and these structures are left in the dark. In the home, that’s an inconvenience. However, in a hospital, that power loss could cost lives.
Crane Borers Build a Better Infrastructure
Back at the underground cabling, the backfilled trench is protecting the power lines. That’s not an option we can utilize when overhead power lines are installed. For a distinguished quality assurance factor, the job relies on a team of highly capable line electricians, plus a power distribution pole installation service that’s second to none.
And that’s a cue for the crane borer, which unpacks its outriggers and helical boom. Moving from one installation site to the next, each shaft is consistently deep and consistently bored to the correct diameter. If the job needs a little nudge, extra tool sheaves are installed. If the site is inclined, then the crane adjusts its outriggers, then the boring rod is reconfigured so that it’s still perpendicular to the ground. Those power poles, every one of them, will snugly sink into a perfectly sized bore site.
Optimized by Netwizard SEO
- On-Site Welding by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire: Our Role in Structural Steel Fabrication
- Crawler Cranes: How They Continuously Operate in Extreme Conditions
- Structural Steel Fabrication by Sharp Welding for Successful Construction Projects
- All-Terrain Franna Cranes for Hire: Simplify Complex Lifts
- Structural Steel Fabrication in Construction: Key Elements
- Powerful Equipment at Your Service: Crane Borers for Hire in Melbourne
- Structural Steel Fabrication: Welding Techniques to Ensure Precision and Strength
- Customised Structural Steel Erection Services from Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Professional Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection Services by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Mobile Crane Hire: The Reaching Capacity of a Mobile Crane
- Cranes for Hire: Type of Projects that RequireAll-Terrain Cranes
- Steel Fabrication Services: Performing Guillotining and Metal Forming
- Crane Hire Services: Crane Trucks Explained
- Crane Hire Services: How Crawler Cranes Effectively Addresses Lifting Demands
- Structural Steel Fabricators and Their Role in the Construction Industry
- Industries That Require Steel Fabrication Services
- The Importance Of Riggers And Rigging In Crane Hire Operations
- Crane Operators, Dogmen, and Riggers: Who are They?
- Steel Care: Post-Construction Structural Steel Maintenance Service
- Welding Safety Considerations That Should Regularly Be Checked
- Experts Talk: All About Our Highly-Skilled Boilermakers & Welders
- Welding Fabrication Techniques from Sharp Crane Hire
- All About Mobile Cranes and Fixed Cranes
- How Structural Steels are Fabricated for Construction Projects