The Best Applications and Uses of TIG Welding27 April 2022
Fabrication processes have helped generate parts that are needed by industries. One of the processes that many industries embrace is welding.
Welding is a fabrication process that utilises high heat in joining metal materials together. By melting their parts, the materials are expected to undergo the fusion process. What makes welding special for industries is it can permanently connect parts and products. Their connection can even be enhanced by welding once the correct filler metal and technique are utilised.
Different types of welding can be maximised by industries. But one welding type that is normally used by manufacturers is tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding.
The Basics of TIG Welding
TIG welding is a welding process wherein a non-consumable tungsten electrode is utilised in producing the needed current of the weld. A welder would use an electric torch to feed the filler rod into the molten puddle. The tungsten electrode and the puddle will then receive ample protection from argon or any other inner gas. To reinforce or build up a seam, a welder must utilise a filler material during TIG welding.
What makes TIG welding unique is it provides a welder with the capability to soft start and soft stop, which cannot be utilised by other types of welding. TIG welding can also yield a more precise and cleaner output thanks to the nature of this welding process. TIG welding is likewise versatile as it gives the welder an option to position the tool in any position. Products out of varying metals and alloys can even be processed with TIG welding. Ultimately, TIG welding can benefit industries as it does not emit too many fumes, smoke, and other harmful contaminants in the air.
TIG Welding Applications
Given the benefits of TIG welding, many industries use this process in creating their needed parts and products. Some notable applications of TIG welding are as follows.
- Small Metals: One application of TIG welding is working with small, thin metals. These workpieces can be delicate to process. Without applying the correct welding technique, they may only get damaged along the way. TIG welding, fortunately, prioritises accuracy and precision, making it useful for processing products out of thin metals.
- Precise Weld: Another notable application of TIG welding is the processing of precise welds. TIG welding grants welder great control over the welding process. This control allows industries to attain welds with precise dimensions and outstanding appeal.
- DIY Projects: One more notable application and use of TIG welding is the creation of various do-it-yourself or DIY projects. Conducting the TIG welding process can be straightforward. So, even beginners can already craft the needed welds for their DIY projects through TIG welding. Some DIY projects that welders may accomplish are bicycles, furniture, and shelves.
TIG Welding by Specialists
If you want your TIG welding projects to be finished by experts, you can call us at Sharp Welding and Crane Hire Services. Thanks to our two fully equipped work vehicles, we can provide all types of steel fabrication services, welding on-site at your location in a timely, efficient manner.
Optimized by Netwizard SEO
- On-Site Welding by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire: Our Role in Structural Steel Fabrication
- Crawler Cranes: How They Continuously Operate in Extreme Conditions
- Structural Steel Fabrication by Sharp Welding for Successful Construction Projects
- All-Terrain Franna Cranes for Hire: Simplify Complex Lifts
- Structural Steel Fabrication in Construction: Key Elements
- Powerful Equipment at Your Service: Crane Borers for Hire in Melbourne
- Structural Steel Fabrication: Welding Techniques to Ensure Precision and Strength
- Customised Structural Steel Erection Services from Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Professional Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection Services by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Mobile Crane Hire: The Reaching Capacity of a Mobile Crane
- Cranes for Hire: Type of Projects that RequireAll-Terrain Cranes
- Steel Fabrication Services: Performing Guillotining and Metal Forming
- Crane Hire Services: Crane Trucks Explained
- Crane Hire Services: How Crawler Cranes Effectively Addresses Lifting Demands
- Structural Steel Fabricators and Their Role in the Construction Industry
- Industries That Require Steel Fabrication Services
- The Importance Of Riggers And Rigging In Crane Hire Operations
- Crane Operators, Dogmen, and Riggers: Who are They?
- Steel Care: Post-Construction Structural Steel Maintenance Service
- Welding Safety Considerations That Should Regularly Be Checked
- Experts Talk: All About Our Highly-Skilled Boilermakers & Welders
- Welding Fabrication Techniques from Sharp Crane Hire
- All About Mobile Cranes and Fixed Cranes
- How Structural Steels are Fabricated for Construction Projects