The Difference Between Dry Hire and Wet Hire in Crane Rental14 September 2021
When it comes to major construction projects, contractors would typically want to move heavy objects from one place to another. Some of these objects may still be lifted and moved by workers, but others are too heavy for many people to lift, lower, and move.
Fortunately, contractors can now maximise tools and equipment pieces in carrying out the lifting and lowering of heavy objects. One specific equipment that can be great for the contractors is the crane.
Cranes are generally comprised of the hook, hoist, boom, jib, counterweights, and outriggers, which can all help them carry out the lifting, movement, and lowering of heavy objects. With the help of professional crane operators, riggers, and others, the operation of the cranes can be regulated effectively.
The Rise of Crane Rental Services
While cranes can be truly useful for construction projects, not all of them are created equal. Some may only be utilised in huge project sites, while others can access small sites. Several cranes may likewise possess additional features that others do not have.
Cranes can be grouped based on their mobility, form factors, and other key aspects. Additionally, the complexity of crane groups and their high purchase costs can make it difficult for construction companies to acquire them altogether. Fortunately, crane rental services are now available, enabling contractors to carry out their projects without expecting huge delays or significant drops in their performance.
With crane rental services, contractors can gain access to the latest crane models. They also now have the chance to conduct any operations that they plan to do. Their expenses are likewise expected to go down, allowing them to earn more as they conduct more site projects.
Comparing Dry Hire and Wet Hire
Crane rental services can be grouped into two: dry hire and wet hire.
Dry hire is a type of crane rental service wherein contractors gain access to the crane only. Once the contractors have acquired access to the cranes, they are expected to have in-house crane operators who will be controlling them. They must likewise cover the repairs and maintenance of the rental cranes. They even have to provide attachments for the cranes. Dry hire is typically maximised for long-term projects.
Wet hire, on the other hand, provides not only the cranes but also the crane attachments and the operators to the contractors. This type of crane rental service also has insurance that can be perfect for protecting the cranes and the operators. Repairs and maintenance of the cranes are usually carried out by the crane rental companies. Both short-term and long-term projects can utilise wet crane hire.
The Suitable Type of Crane Rental
Opting for dry hire is recommended for a project if the contractor wants to take control. Contractors that opt for dry hire can easily regulate the total number of days crane operators should work, the type of attachments they have to obtain, and the type of insurance they want to possess. Opting for wet hire, alternatively, is great for contractors that want to pay and acquire everything in just one go.
To know more about crane rental services, you can call us at Sharp Welding and Crane Hire Services.
Optimized by Netwizard SEO
- On-Site Welding by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire: Our Role in Structural Steel Fabrication
- Crawler Cranes: How They Continuously Operate in Extreme Conditions
- Structural Steel Fabrication by Sharp Welding for Successful Construction Projects
- All-Terrain Franna Cranes for Hire: Simplify Complex Lifts
- Structural Steel Fabrication in Construction: Key Elements
- Powerful Equipment at Your Service: Crane Borers for Hire in Melbourne
- Structural Steel Fabrication: Welding Techniques to Ensure Precision and Strength
- Customised Structural Steel Erection Services from Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Professional Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection Services by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Mobile Crane Hire: The Reaching Capacity of a Mobile Crane
- Cranes for Hire: Type of Projects that RequireAll-Terrain Cranes
- Steel Fabrication Services: Performing Guillotining and Metal Forming
- Crane Hire Services: Crane Trucks Explained
- Crane Hire Services: How Crawler Cranes Effectively Addresses Lifting Demands
- Structural Steel Fabricators and Their Role in the Construction Industry
- Industries That Require Steel Fabrication Services
- The Importance Of Riggers And Rigging In Crane Hire Operations
- Crane Operators, Dogmen, and Riggers: Who are They?
- Steel Care: Post-Construction Structural Steel Maintenance Service
- Welding Safety Considerations That Should Regularly Be Checked
- Experts Talk: All About Our Highly-Skilled Boilermakers & Welders
- Welding Fabrication Techniques from Sharp Crane Hire
- All About Mobile Cranes and Fixed Cranes
- How Structural Steels are Fabricated for Construction Projects