The Importance of Occupational Health and Safety Standards in Construction23 March 2017
Employers have the responsibility to keep their employees safe on the job each day. Nowhere is this as important as it is in the construction industry. Construction sites are full of hazards that can cause serious injuries and illnesses when the construction company does not adhere to certain occupational health and safety standards. In fact, construction companies need to set up their own plan that includes all the regulations of their local state or territory to ensure that they are in compliance at all times. By doing so, they prevent risk of site lock downs, fines and possible lawsuits from injuries or illnesses caused from accidents on the building sites.
Possible Hazards on a Building Site
- Falling objects from the buildings is a common hazard on construction sites. Workers occasionally lose their grip on tools or materials for one example. If someone is walking underneath this area, they can get hit on the head or other parts of the body.
- Equipment such as nail guns, jackhammers or cranes can malfunction, which may lead to injuries. While certain mishaps may not be serious, others can cause severe injuries or even death.
- Employee misbehaviour is another hazard on a construction site. When the construction company has workers who like to clown around in dangerous places, the risk of bodily harm is high.
- Exposure to chemicals and other dangerous substances can lead to skin burns, respiratory issues and long term health problems. In addition, workers can inhale dust from sanding and other building processes that also can cause illnesses or temporary unpleasant reactions.
How to Prevent Accidents
One effective way to prevent accidents is by maintaining the equipment properly so that it can operate in an optimal manner. This will reduce the risk of malfunctions occurring on the job site. On top of this, you need to train your employees in occupational health and safety standards and methods to provide them the knowledge and skills necessary to perform their duties safely each day.
Protective Measures to Avoid Injury and Illness
Wearing protective gear will safeguard against injury and illnesses. Examples of this gear include hard hats, steel-toed shoes or boots, safety glasses and respiratory safety masks.
For further facts about this topic, or our services and company, contact Sharp Welding and Crane Hire. We provide clients with a wide assortment of services from steel fabrication to crane hire with fully trained riggers, dogmen, crane drivers and boilermakers. All of our employees understand the importance of adhering to occupational health and safety standards in construction on work sites.
Optimized by Netwizard SEO
- On-Site Welding by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire: Our Role in Structural Steel Fabrication
- Crawler Cranes: How They Continuously Operate in Extreme Conditions
- Structural Steel Fabrication by Sharp Welding for Successful Construction Projects
- All-Terrain Franna Cranes for Hire: Simplify Complex Lifts
- Structural Steel Fabrication in Construction: Key Elements
- Powerful Equipment at Your Service: Crane Borers for Hire in Melbourne
- Structural Steel Fabrication: Welding Techniques to Ensure Precision and Strength
- Customised Structural Steel Erection Services from Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Professional Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection Services by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Mobile Crane Hire: The Reaching Capacity of a Mobile Crane
- Cranes for Hire: Type of Projects that RequireAll-Terrain Cranes
- Steel Fabrication Services: Performing Guillotining and Metal Forming
- Crane Hire Services: Crane Trucks Explained
- Crane Hire Services: How Crawler Cranes Effectively Addresses Lifting Demands
- Structural Steel Fabricators and Their Role in the Construction Industry
- Industries That Require Steel Fabrication Services
- The Importance Of Riggers And Rigging In Crane Hire Operations
- Crane Operators, Dogmen, and Riggers: Who are They?
- Steel Care: Post-Construction Structural Steel Maintenance Service
- Welding Safety Considerations That Should Regularly Be Checked
- Experts Talk: All About Our Highly-Skilled Boilermakers & Welders
- Welding Fabrication Techniques from Sharp Crane Hire
- All About Mobile Cranes and Fixed Cranes
- How Structural Steels are Fabricated for Construction Projects