The Working Principles of Crawler Cranes and When to Use Them27 January 2022
The number of projects that are being done in the construction industry has been continuously increasing over the past few years. And as more projects are being carried out, more equipment pieces and machines are needed to complete them effectively.
One of the machines utilised in construction projects today is the crane. Cranes are machines that are designed to lift, move, and lower heavy objects from one place to another. Some can be installed in one place, while others can move across the project site. Aside from their mobility, cranes can also be differentiated through their lifting capacity, weight, and many more.
Given the diverse requirements of construction projects, a wide array of cranes can now be picked, acquired, or hired by project managers. One type of crane that is popular today is the crawler crane.
Functions of Crawler Cranes
A crawler crane is a type of crane comprised of a standard cab that is installed on a crawler undercarriage. The said undercarriage maximises tracks to effectively manoeuvre and navigate a particular construction site. Its deck, additionally, can rotate at a full 360 degrees. It can also be extended thanks to the accompanying box or lattice boom. The end of the crawler crane’s boom subsequently utilises a grapple, hook, and other similar attachments.
What is unique about the crawler crane is that it does not rely on outriggers to obtain stability. Its lattice boom, as stated, can pack tons of attachments despite its low weight. The lightweight quality of the boom then allows the whole crane to operate in a wider radius.
As for the lifting operation of the crawler crane, it can effectively work as stationary lifts within a specific project location. It can likewise provide great assistance in lifting heavy loads thanks to the crawler crane’s general design and distribution of weight.
Crawler Cranes’ Applications
Given the functions and working principles of crawler cranes, they can surely benefit a lot of industries.
One of the industries that can maximise crawler cranes is the construction industry. The notable stability of crawler cranes even with their minimal parts and components makes the recommended for projects that require lifting of huge loads at elevated heights and long distances. They can also be maximised in construction areas that are difficult to reach or access.
Aside from the construction industry, crawler cranes can also be useful for the oil and gas industry. Crawler cranes, through the help of their crawler undercarriage, can effectively travel in project sites of the said industry. Even if these sites are filled with mud, they can easily traverse one area to another. Similar to construction projects, crawler cranes can also be useful in lifting loads in the power industry.
The agriculture industry can also utilise the capabilities of crawler cranes. From new equipment installation down to the construction of an agricultural structure, crawler cranes can easily provide great assistance to projects in the agriculture industry.
To hire quality crawler cranes, feel free to call us at Sharp Welding and Crane Hire.
Optimized by Netwizard SEO
- On-Site Welding by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire: Our Role in Structural Steel Fabrication
- Crawler Cranes: How They Continuously Operate in Extreme Conditions
- Structural Steel Fabrication by Sharp Welding for Successful Construction Projects
- All-Terrain Franna Cranes for Hire: Simplify Complex Lifts
- Structural Steel Fabrication in Construction: Key Elements
- Powerful Equipment at Your Service: Crane Borers for Hire in Melbourne
- Structural Steel Fabrication: Welding Techniques to Ensure Precision and Strength
- Customised Structural Steel Erection Services from Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Professional Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection Services by Sharp Welding and Crane Hire
- Mobile Crane Hire: The Reaching Capacity of a Mobile Crane
- Cranes for Hire: Type of Projects that RequireAll-Terrain Cranes
- Steel Fabrication Services: Performing Guillotining and Metal Forming
- Crane Hire Services: Crane Trucks Explained
- Crane Hire Services: How Crawler Cranes Effectively Addresses Lifting Demands
- Structural Steel Fabricators and Their Role in the Construction Industry
- Industries That Require Steel Fabrication Services
- The Importance Of Riggers And Rigging In Crane Hire Operations
- Crane Operators, Dogmen, and Riggers: Who are They?
- Steel Care: Post-Construction Structural Steel Maintenance Service
- Welding Safety Considerations That Should Regularly Be Checked
- Experts Talk: All About Our Highly-Skilled Boilermakers & Welders
- Welding Fabrication Techniques from Sharp Crane Hire
- All About Mobile Cranes and Fixed Cranes
- How Structural Steels are Fabricated for Construction Projects